University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, J.D.
University of Florida, B.A.
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2017
Benjamin “Ben” T. Hodas is respected by judges, fellow attorneys and opposing counsel. His is a direct and tactical approach. In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Hodas served on the Executive Council of the Florida Bar Family Law Section and is a founding member and Master of The Susan Greenberg Family Law American Inn of Court of the Palm Beaches.
Further, Mr. Hodas served as a member of the 15th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee. He has chaired the Palm Beach County Bar Association Subcommittee for Model Parental Time Sharing, among other activities within the organization. Mr. Hodas also testified before the Florida State Legislature and has served on the Marital and Family Law Board Certification Committee, of which he was the Chair for bar cycle 2018-2019.
- Hoff v. Hoff, 100 So. 3d 1164 (Fla. 4th DCA 2012)
- Pike v. Pike, 932 So. 2d 229 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005)
- Dambro v. Dambro, 900 So. 2d 724 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005)
- Lakin v. Lakin, 901 So. 2d 186 (Fla. 4th DCA 2005)
- Marital and Family Law Board Certification Committee, Vice Chair, 2017-2018
- Florida Family Law Section, Executive Council, 2006 - 2015
- Legislation Committee, 2004 - 2014
- Legislation Committee, Co-secretary, 2010 - 2011
- Support Issues Committee, 2006 - 2013
- Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, Member, 2010 - 2012
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Family Law Practice Committee, 2002 - 2015
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Chair, Subcommittee Model Parental Time Sharing Schedule Redraft
- The Susan Greenberg Family Law American Inn of Court of the Palm Beaches, Master, 2013 - Present
- The National Advocates, Member, 2014 - Present
Awards & Recognitions
- Lecturer, Uniform Premarital Agreement Act (U.P.A.A.), Vermont, 2006
- Lecturer, Hot Topic, (U.P.A.A.) West Palm Beach, FL, 2006
- Lecturer, "Know When to Hold 'Em" Marital Agreements
- U.P.A.A. Fort Lauderdale, FL, Tampa, FL and Naples, FL, 2007